King Cake recipe
After foie gras, chocolate candies, petits fours, cake roll, turkey, etc…
We have no intentions of stopping! Make way for King Cakes! Here’s a super quick and easy recipe: 😉
QUICK AND EASY RECIPE FOR KING CAKE
2 puff pastries
130 g sugar
2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
100 g softened butter
125 g almond flour
30 g liquid cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and 2 eggs with a whisk.
- Add the softened butter, stir with a wooden spatula until well-blended.
- Add the cream and stir.
- Add the almond flour and stir one more time.
The mixture should not be too runny! To make it firmer, put it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastries and poke them with a fork.
- Spread the almond mixture over the dough with a spatula (leave about 3 cm free around the edges).
Don’t forget to add the charm! 😉
- Cover everything with the second puff pastry.
- Press the edges together with the back of a fork in order to seal the pastries together.
- Make a design using the pointed edge of a knife.
- Poke the center of the cake with a fork and finally, brush with the egg yolk
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
And there you go!
Bon appétit 😉
So, did you get the prize?